Tournament Services Assistant, Event Management Internship
DATES & HOURS:
June, 2017 – September 29, 2017
- Applicant must be willing to work long hours prior to and during the tournament (event dates are September 20 - 24)
- June - August: 30 – 40 hour weeks
- September: 40 – 80 hour weeks
- Work closely with the Tournament Services Manager to coordinate all aspects of managing a golf tournament
- Volunteer Administration: assist with the management of the entire volunteer process; Includes: application process, data entry, communication with volunteers and chairmen, volunteer package preparation, headquarters management, etc.
- Management of volunteer database system
- Assist Tournament Services Manager with organizing Media Day, Am-Am, volunteer party and other smaller events/meetings
- Responsible for inventory of tournament apparel, prizes, etc.
- Update materials related to corporate hospitality, players, volunteers, etc.
- Assist with general administrative work (ie answering phones, purchasing, billing, etc.)
Education: Minimum 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) with a major in Sports Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or another related field.
Experience: Prior sporting event experience preferred
Skill Set Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills are crucial
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in accomplishing tasks
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and work well under pressure
- Manage time efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Some medium lifting and labor is required
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Applicant is responsible for own food & lodging during employment.